Maiden Town Clerk
The Town Clerk assists the Town Council and Town Manager in the preparation of the agenda and record keeping of each meeting. Every town, City, and County in North Carolina has a Clerk who serves as the custodian of public records, works to communicate policy to the public, organizes the public’s business, and performs a variety of tasks that assist in the operation of local government.
The office of Town Clerk for the Town of Maiden also has a dual role as Human Resources Officer. This office strives to provide clerical, record keeping and administrative functions to the Maiden Town Council and the Town Manager. The office also strives to be a resource for staff and provide resources for employee excellence.
- Agenda preparation
- Custodian of all Town records
- Administers Job Openings and Hiring Processes
- Manages all human resources functions for Town employees
- Collects, organizes, and maintains records
- Records and submits Town Council meeting minutes
- Fulfills public records requests
- Manages Cemetery business and records
Wanda Barnes, Town Clerk