Do I need a permit for an Accessory Structure (Garages, Pools, Storage buildings, etc.)?
Yes, most accessory structures (sheds, detached garages, in-ground or above-ground pools, carports, barns, etc.) require a zoning permit.
How do I know if I am within the Town of Maiden's Zoning Jurisdiction?
Call (828) 428-5034 with the property address or PIN and we can check for you or visit Catawba County GIS and when on the address click parcel report.
Do I need a zoning permit for a fence?
No, the town does not require zoning approval to install a fence. However, there are some restrictions regarding the size and materials used. Please call (828) 428-5034 for more information.
Who do I contact with issues about tall grass, junk vehicles or minimal housing?
Code Enforcement (828) 455-3343
Can I do door-to-door sales?
No, door-to-door sales are not allowed per Town of Maiden Code of Ordinances section 6-402.